Understanding Male Infertility
Every couple who are unable to conceive even after trying for a year is suggested to undergone infertility diagnosis. If the problem is found with the male partner, then it is termed as male infertility.
Major causes of male infertility are as below:• A hypothalamic or pituitary disorder (1-2%)
• Gonad disorder (30-40%)
• Sperm transport disorder (10-20%)
• Unknown causes (40-50%)
There are many untold and undiscovered factors that affect male fertility. Male infertility is a medical condition that can be treated if diagnosed properly and consulted to the experts.
Problem with the sperm quantity and qualityThis can be due to following reason:
• Inflammation or overheating of the testes
• Inflammation of veins in the scrotum
• Genetic condition
• Excessive usage of alcohol and drugs
• Hernia repairs
• Hormone disorder
• Exposure to radiation
• Wearing tight innerwear
Other major reason of male infertility is the problem with Ejaculation. This includes:• Premature ejaculation
• Erectile dysfunctions
• Complications that arise generally with cancer patients when they exposed to radiations after chemotherapy
• Retrograde ejaculation
Many underlining health disorder can cause infertility in men. Root causes of male infertility can be determined by certain medical tests and diagnosis.
Fertility level use to drop with the age factor. Sperm quantity and quality level also drops as the age progresses. Thus, this also becomes the cause of infertility in men. Genetic issues can also lead to the problem with fertility. Also, excessive stress which may occurs due to any physical, mental or emotional condition can also contribute to low sperm count and hence promote infertility. Have a healthy sexual relationship lead to improve fertility among both partners.
Overheating of testes that can happen due to saunas, fever or hot bath tub can cause the temporary lower down of sperm count and hence affect fertility in male.
Excessive Smoking can also lead to the reduction is sperm count and affects quantity and quality of the same. It is always advisable to avoid intake of drugs and live a healthy lifestyle for a happy married life.
Malnutrition and crash dieting can also lead to the issue where the sperm count decreases. This also includes having obesity and diabetes problem which increases the chances of male infertility.
Diagnosing Male InfertilityMale infertility can be diagnosed with certain test and examinations that include checking of medical history and below things:
• Analysis of semen to determine quality & quantity of sperm
• Blood test to identify any possible infection or hormonal issues
• Examine penis, scrotum and prostate physically
What is been diagnosed?• Adequate amount of semen: Normal volume of semen is considered to be 2 milliliters. Lower volume indicates some issues with prostate gland.
• Sperm Count: Normal range of sperm count is considered to be 20 million to 300 million per milliliter. If the sperm count found to be below 10 million, then it is considered as poor quantity.
• Morphology: Size and shape of the sperm actually matters to fertilize an egg. ~30% of the sperm should be in normal size and shape.
Treating Male InfertilityThere are many ways through which male infertility can be treated:
• Increasing sperm production with help of available medicines and clinically proven supplements
• Avoiding infections with antibiotics
• Controlling hormonal imbalance with intake of suitable hormones
• Avoiding excessive usage of hot bath and saunas
• Wearing loose comfortable inner wears
In Virto Fertilization is another medical treatment through which male infertility can be treated. This is a procedure of fertilizing the sperm and egg in a lab and then placing the fertilized egg in female’s uterus.
Artificial Insemination is a treatment option which is used in case of low sperm count. In it, the sperm is collected via multiple ejaculations and then manually placed in the female’s uterus so as to fertilize the eggs.
In case, the diagnosis comes to a conclusion where the production of sperm is not happening or if any other reason which inhibits the fertility then, donor sperm is used. The donor sperm is obtained from sperm bank and the same then placed in female’s fallopian tubes to fertilize the eggs through artificial insemination procedure.
If you are a couple who trying to conceive a baby, but unable to identify the root cause of the same, we invite you to visit our center and meet with the experts who can identify the possible reason and diagnose the same for the possible positive outcome.